After weeks of trying to find an opponent for Warhammer Fantasy (I guess the new edition excitement was short-lived), I was finally able to get some elves on the table. I made a decent showing, but in the end I was massacred by Kevin's night goblin horde. Some teachable moments:
- Swordmasters are really, really good. I already knew this, but I didn't realize how good.
- Swordmasters are really, really fragile. I already knew this, but I didn't realize how fragile.
- If you're going to try to dominate the magic phase, bring an item that generates extra dice; snake eyes on the winds of magic isn't good.
- Actually, magic seems kind of unreliable in general - between enemy dispel dice, spell selection, board position, and a host of other factors, it seems like you're getting about one spell off per turn.
- Don't split your forces if you're already outnumbered like crazy.